What is WorkinEnglish TOOLS

WorkinEnglish is an Italian-based language training company founded by professional language trainers who share an ideal way of passing their experience on to learners. What makes us different from the others is our know-how, our enthusiasm and our hands-on experience.

Monthly we publish the WorkinEnglish TOOLS magazine, which is sent to our client-companies as well as to those who have signed up to it through our website www.workinenglish.it.

To allow greater and easier access to the material we put together, we set up this blog. We hope you enjoy!

domenica 30 giugno 2013

How to .....write a resignation letter

The world of work is a small one - somehow everyone knows everyone. So no matter how big the temptation is to write an honest resignation letter (i.e. telling your boss exactly why you are leaving) don't do it! 
This letter may be included in your employment file and could be shared with potential future employers; therefore, it should be professional and polite. 
Below we show you how to write your resignation in a way that won't leave a negative impression of you with your previous employer. Things to keep in mind are:

· be simple: include the fact that you're resigning and the last day you will work

· be brief and focused: get to the point. No lengthy explanations as to why you are leaving.

· be positive: even if hate your job, don't say it. Make sure that you do not include anything negative about the company, your supervisor, your co-workers, or your subordinates. 

· be polite: thank your employer for the opportunities you have had during your employment. 


When to give a reason: if you're resigning under positive circumstances, you're relocating or going back to study for example, it's fine to include the reason. If you're resigning because it's a bad job, it's better not to give a reason. 

Sample resignation letter (not working your notice)

Dear Mr Turner,
Please accept this as formal notice of my resignation from the position of _____ (your job title and site/department/ division  as  applicable), with effect from _____ (normally date of the letter or receipt of letter - check your contract - if in doubt refer to date of letter).
I realise that my contract of employment requires me to work until _____ (date that your employment ceases according to notice period, calculated from your stated effective date of   resignation), however I'd be grateful to be released earlier on ______ (date that you actually need to leave), and will assume that this is acceptable unless you inform me to the contrary.
(This part is optional) While I believe that I am moving for good reasons, I am sorry to leave, and I thank you for your support during my time with the company, which I have found enjoyable and fulfilling.
(And if applicable) Please let me know the arrangements for handing back equipment, company car, etc, and handing over outstanding work and responsibilities.
Yours sincerely 


Sample resignation letter (working your notice)

Dear Mr Barker,
Please accept this letter as formal notice of my resignation from the position of Client    Services technician with Alderson Incorporated.
My last working day will be February 3, 2012. This is two weeks from today as per my employment contract.
Thank you for the opportunities I have been given during my time with the company.
I wish you and the company well in the future.
Sincerely

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento